Solar panels are a valuable investment for sprinter van owners. Maybe you’re about to embark on an outdoor adventure or go for camping with your family. Wherever you go, you need electricity to spend the night. One option for on-the-go power is solar panels. However, most people have trouble finding the best solar panels for sprinter vans.
Solar panels can also charge your electronic devices, so you don’t have to wonder about a dead cell phone. Besides charging your electronics and providing light, solar panels have an overwhelming number of uses that show themselves when you buy one. This is primarily because they want a compact solar panel that can easily fit in their sprinter van and power almost all devices.
The 3 Best Solar Panels for Sprinter Vans
Having a solar panel for your sprinter van is very beneficial for your outdoor trips. Besides charging and powering your electronic devices at the camp, a solar panel can also be used while you’re traveling. That is why we have prepared a list of the best solar panels for sprinter van owners. Take a look at our top picks.
1. WindyNation 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit
The Windy Nation 100 Watt solar panel is the best solar panel you can buy for your sprinter van. It’s compact, affordable, and produces 100 watts of electrical energy. The solar panel is excellent for outdoor adventures thanks to its rugged design and sturdy build quality. Moreover, you get everything you need for a quick set up such as a mounting bracket, cables, and an LCD.
Pro’s Of The Windy Nation 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit
- The Windy Nation solar kit is an excellent purchase considering what you get for its price.
- It is easy to charge, and setting it up doesn’t take much time
- You don’t have to buy additional accessories because you get just about everything out of the box
- It is made from premium quality, durable, and weather-resistant material.
Con’s Of The Windy Nation 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit
- While all things are just about perfect with this solar panel for sprinter vans, its below-average 350-watt hours per day output might be a problem for heavy- duty users.
Most Outstanding Feature
While the Windy Nation solar panel kit is as good as it can get, there are other surprises hidden in this solar kit. For instance, its LCD is one of its biggest selling points that display battery percentage and other necessary information. Moreover, you can even manually adjust the power output levels of this solar panel.
2. Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel
This foldable solar panel kit packs a punch when it comes to powering your electronic devices. This compact kit has 100 Watt output. On top of this, you get everything straight out of the box, including a suitcase, charger cable, and built-in bypass. Setting up this bad boy doesn’t take much time, and you can quickly repack it in the suitcase when you’re ready to leave for home.
Pro’s of The Renogy 100 Watt Solar Panel
- It’s made with monocrystalline technology making it more durable than other options.
- It is compatible with getting lithium and other batteries.
- You can put this solar panel on charge without the fear of overcharging because it has built-in overcharging control.
- Plus, the Renogy 100 Watt has a low voltage system that protects you from shocks and other hazards.
Con’s of The Renogy 100 Watt Solar Panel
- The worst thing about the Renogy 100 Watt kit is that it’s not waterproof, so you must be careful with it.
- It’s hard to close this solar panel with all the cords.
Most Outstanding Feature
Despite not being waterproof, the Renogy 100 Watt solar kit is still a good option for your sprinter van. You can easily install it on the roof and keep your electronic devices powered up. However, the cream of the crop is its whopping 500-watt hours per day output which makes it an idea for powering up your mini-refrigerator. Plus, its overcharging protection prevents fire hazards, shocks, and other problems, keeping you and your family safe.
3. ALLPOWERS Solar Panel 100W
The ALLPOWERS solar panel 100 Watt is one of the best bendable solar kits on the market. Its low-profile design can bend up to 30 degrees and capture maximum sunlight for efficient energy production. It’s compact and can easily be carried, plus it can produce extra juice through an MPPT 30A controller.
Pro’s of The ALLPOWERS Solar Panel 100W
- The ALLPOWERS Solar panel is a lightweight solar panel kit with only 4.7 pounds weight.
- It has pre-drilled holes for mounting, making it more convenient than it already is.
- Its bendable design makes it 23% more energy efficient than other solar kits.
Con’s of The ALLPOWER Solar Panel 100 Watt
- The ALLPOWERS Solar panel is rain resistant but not entirely waterproof, so you might have to be careful with it.
Most Outstanding Feature
Out of all the ALLPOWERS Solar Panel 100 Watt features, its bent position makes it an outstanding solar kit. The 30-degree bent design traps more sunlight than other solar panels and improves energy production by 23%. Aside from energy efficiency, the ALLPOWERS solar kit is a resilient, reliable, and sturdy product.
Our Final Thoughts
While compiling this list of best solar panels for sprinter van, we realized how important it is to have outdoor gear that keeps our devices working. Let’s face it, you can’t imagine a day without your smartphone, and you shouldn’t just leave it home when you’re going on a camping trip.
Moreover, if you plan to go for more than a day, you will need electricity to keep your smartphones charged. Having a solar panel for your sprinter van is a good decision because you can comfortably enjoy nature and connect all sorts of electric devices to your solar panel. Including a mosquito repellent light so you can enjoy a peaceful sleep under the stars.